There is actually a fair amount of careful planning that goes into successfully attending a music festival these days. And with more popping up every year, it’s almost become a sport of sorts — or as one dude referred to them “A marathon of style, sweat and sound!”
You have your tickets and a camping spot; you and your friends are off to a good start. Next comes your survival supplies: Tent, sleeping bag, sunscreen, coffee maker and beverages of course. But, why just camp when you can “glamp?” Check out these six items that will make for an epic music fest.
Vortex Blender – $112
Looking to make new friends, or just please the ones you’re with? This hand crank blender will get heads turning as you grind up your favourite Margaritas, Daiquiris or Pina Coladas — it also easily makes your favourite recovery protein shakes on the go. What could be smoother? Just hope you have enough ice and ingredients in your cooler. More details.
With so many distractions and obstacles in your path, you wouldn’t want to trip up or get lost on your way to the festival or the outhouse. This handheld LED lantern will have you and your friends covered with plenty of glow. It fits in your backpack and has a handy loop to hang in your tent or around your campsite for those late night “cook-ups.” More Details.
This is the perfect complement to almost any festival situation you find yourself in. It’s great at the campsite or the after party because it’s small and lightweight and easy to put in your backpack and take places. It’s comfortable and not too high off the ground, so you won’t alienate your floor sitting friends or block anyone’s view. More details.
Ambler Muir Trucker Hat – $28
The sun can be fierce, especially when you’re too busy dancing to find the shade. Let this mesh, snap back hat with a cotton brim give you some cover while looking good at the same time. It could be the most valuable thing you bring. More details.
MEC Cloud Nine Daypack – $44
You’ll need a comfy pack to put your things in to take to the show, or wherever you go. This daypack is perfect for any situation you’ll encounter. Made from recycled material, it is lightweight, stylish, top loading, and not too big or clunky (versatile for day trips, bike rides, hikes, walks and concerts). More details.
Time for a new grill or maybe you’ve never owned one? This one has it all. With a burner and a grill it has enough power to cook or boil anything you’ll need, and then some. Made from steel and brass, it runs on propane and isn’t too heavy to haul. It’s one of those investments you’ll never regret. More details.
Find these items at the nearest Mountain Equipment Co-op store or online at mec.ca.
130 West Broadway
MEC Vancouver: UBC Outpost
6200 University Boulevard
MEC North Vancouver
212 Brooksbank Avenue
Unit #1 – 6121 200th Street
1450 Government Street
Win a VIP weekend for two to Squamish Valley Music Festival from MEC August 8 – 10
The winner of this contest will get:
- 2 VIP weekend passes to the Squamish Valley Music Festival, including a backstage tour, the ability to skip lines, and use of air conditioned, flushing washrooms!
- Round trip airfare for you and a friend travelling to and from Vancouver from anywhere in Canada courtesy of Flight Centre.
- Round trip ground shuttle transportation for you and a friend between Vancouver and the festival.
- A campsite at the music festival and a full campsite set-up from MEC including: an MEC Tarn 3 Tent, two MEC Reactor Sleeping Pads and two MEC Oasis Sleeping Bags.
- A once in a lifetime, fully guided ride around Squamish’s premier mountain bike trails with MEC Envoy Paul Stevens (Saturday morning).
- A trip up the new Sea To Sky Gondola and a fully guided climbing lesson on one of Squamish’s world-class granite crags with MEC Envoy Sarah Hart (Sunday morning).
- Rental gear for both of the morning activities above, and you’ll be back to the festival grounds in time for the first act of the day.
- Total approximate prize value $3,750
Enter Here before 12 p.m. July 25.
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.