The individual who purchased the winning $50 million Lotto Max ticket in Langley on March 14, 2014 has come forward.
This comes after the B.C. Lotto Corporation’s renewed plea this morning for the winner to claim their prize. As per lottery regulations, the one-year deadline to claim the prize is this Saturday.
The winning numbers for that particular draw were 3, 4, 5, 7, 31, 33 and 40 with bonus number 49.
With more than 11 months elapsed since the numbers were drawn, there was rampant speculation over what has happened to the winner, with some wondering the winner has died or the ticket was purchased by a minor.
The unclaimed prize even sparked a lawsuit amongst a group of Shoppers Drug Mart employees alleging one of their coworkers was hiding the winning ticket purchased with workplace pool funds.
At this time, the Lottery Corporation has not revealed the identity of the individual who came forward with the winning ticket. It is working to verify the prize claim.
The odds of winning Lotto Max per $5 play are:
- 7/7 numbers (87% of the share of the pool): 1 in 28,633,528
- 6/7+ numbers (4% of the share of the pool): 1 in 4,090,504
- 6/7 numbers (4% of the share of the pool): 1 in 99,768
- 5/7 numbers (5% of the share of the pool): 1 in 1,584
- 4/7 numbers ($20): 1 in 71.3
- 3/7+ numbers ($20): 1 in 76.7
- 3/7 ($5 free play): 1 in 8.1
- Overall: odds of winning any cash prize per $5 play are 1 in 36.
The jackpot for Lotto Max this Friday, March 13 is $40 million.