Looking for laughs in all the funny places?
Here is our checklist of five comedy events to check out in Vancouver this week, including stand-up, improv, and music!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: All You Can Eat Laundry is a monthly comedy show hosted by Maddy Kelly and featuring a variety of special guests.
- Where: Little Mountain Comedy Department – 195 East 26 Avenue, Vancouver
- When: July 22 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: A high-octane battle between two supergroups made up of Instant Theatre improvisers. Hosted by veteran sports broadcasters, Geoff and Ese.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Every Sunday at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $5
- What: Veteran comedian and actor Kwasi Thomas headlines at Finch & Barley, with Randee Neumeyer, Cheryl Lee Holliday and Dion Arnold rounding out the bill. Gavin Clarkson hosts.
- Where: Finch & Barley -250 East 1st Street, North Vancouver
- When: July 23 at 8 pm
- Tickets: $5 after 9 pm
- What: Fresh off of performing in New York City, Nasty Women are ready to deliver a piping hot show. This month the comedians will be exploring firsts: first jobs, first dates.. heck! getting first place in a Pythagoras competition (real thing that happened). Every first is fair game.
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward Street, Vancouver
- When: July 24 at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $9.99
- What: Music influenced and inspired sketch comedy from Nima Gholamipour & Ember Lina (Sidekicks), Ronald Dario & Co., Carla Mah & Racquel Belmonte (Carmelahhh), Andrew Barber and Friends, Kerri Donaldson’s Gang, Beverley Brothers (Cameron Macleod/ Kyle Fines), Shirley Gnome, Maarten Bayliss and more.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: July 27 at 9 pm
- Tickets: $10