FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, December 4, 6:00pm
The funny business doesn’t stop just because it’s summertime! Check out Vancouver’s bustling comedy scene this week, including stand-up, storytelling, and more!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: A live podcast taping where local comedians and performers talk about their nightmares, your nightmares and everything having to do with waking up screaming in a cold sweat! Special musical guests The Skeleton Crew will entertain before, during and after the show. Presented by Living Myth Media.
- Where: Seven Dining Lounge – 53 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: July 14 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Barely Legal is an underground stand up show hosted by friends and ex-roommates Sophie Buddle and Gavin Matts. Together they’ve produced over a year of shows that have featured comics that have been on HBO, Comedy Central, Conan, JFL: All Access, and more. But more importantly they’ve provided a creative space for their favorite local comics to have fun sets in front of great audiences.
- Where: Slice of Life – 1636 Venables Street, Vancouver
- When: July 14 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $5
- What: An all-new one-woman storytelling show about growing up, navigating a world which favours men, and consistently getting into strange situations where she really has to pee. Written and performed by Holly Brinkman, directed by Andrew Barrett.
- When: July 15 and 16
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: The Moberly Arts & Cultural Centre – 7646 Prince Albert Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: A series of comedy discussion panels being presented at the Kino. This premiere panel features Simon King, Ivan Decker and Dino Archie, and will discuss how to begin in comedy and how to work towards a professional career in this industry.
- When: July 16
- Time: 7 to 9 pm
- Where: The Kino – 3456 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: $10
- What: Jackie Kashian has appeared twice on the Conan O’Brien show, Comedy Central’s @midnight and has recorded This American Life with Ira Glass for NPR. Her critically acclaimed podcast, The Dork Forest, is in its 10th year, and her new hour stand-up special This Will Make an Excellent Horcrux is available on CD, DVD and digital download on Comedy Film Nerds.
- When: July 19
- Time: 9 pm
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $15