That groundhog can say whatever it wants – spring is on the way. Enjoy the coming of the world’s rebirth with a few of the events happening in Vancouver today.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: The first night of the Just Film Festival features Lowdown Tracks by Shelley Saywell and The Hand That Feeds by Rachel Lears & Robin Botnick.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, February 11; 7 p.m.
- What: Everybody loves pizza, but not everybody ‘contribute to an art show just about pizza’ loves pizza. Running until February 27 at one of Vancouver’s best alternative art galleries.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City Gallery – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, February 11; 12 to 5 p.m.
- What: Network with Vancouver’s movers and shakers at the inaugural Interconnect event, in partnership with Lighthouse Labs and Spring.
- Where: spacekraft – 201-4501 Kingsway, Burnaby
- When: Thursday, February 11; 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- What: Experimental big band music is the name of the game for this group, so if that sounds like your bag then you definitely won’t want to miss this one-of-a-kind performance.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, February 11; 7:30 p.m.
- What: Learn everything you need to know about the science of humanity’s slow death, and how to make it slower. Live forever*!
- Where: Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre – 6163 University Boulevard, UBC, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, February 11; 6 to 8 p.m.
*That is currently impossible