We know you would probably prefer to be away in Squamish for the music festival this weekend but if you, like most of the population, couldn’t go, there are loads of things to do in Vancouver today.
For more fun things, visit the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: The Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra will be playing a free show. It’s first come first serve so get there early for a good spot overlooking Coal Harbour towards the North Shore Mountains and Stanley Park.
- Where: Jack Poole Plaza – 1055 Canada Place Road
- When: 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- What: Go enjoy the last month in the sun by visiting the Kitsilano Showboat for performances by Wayne Usselman, Bela Domingo Polynesian, Coastal Edge Dance Centre, Lefty and Sugar.
- Where: Kitsilano Showboat – 2300 Cornwall Ave
- When: 7 p.m.
- What: If you have seen the film then having it live on stage will get you even closer to the real thing. Go watch the final performance of Frost/Nixon and feel more educated once you leave. Tickets start at $20.
- Where: Jericho Arts Centre – 1675 Discovery, Vancouver
- When: 8 p.m.
- What: Beer gardens, 15 food trucks and over 150 vendors, what more could you ask for on a Friday night?
- Where: 15 Wallace Mews, North Vancouver at Shipyards Plaza
- When: 5 to 10 p.m. every Friday until September 25
- What: This free 10 day event encompasses everything, movies under the stars, three performances stages, food and even an art market.
- Where: Harmony headquarters –1564 Argyle Avenue West Vancouver
- When: from July 31 to August 9