It’s hump day, and you know what that means: it’s all down hill from here until the weekend. Celebrate by doing something fun.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Wednesday, June 8. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: The Roxy Cabaret Presents Plane Without A Pilot.
- Where: The Roxy – 938 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 8; 8 p.m.
- What: Get ready to see the festival’s familiar tents dotting Vanier Park as Bard on the Beach returns to Vancouver for its 27th year, running from June 3 to September 24.
- When: June 3 to September 24. Click here for a full schedule.
- Where: Vanier Park – 1000 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- What: Vancouver’s only fitness rave, featuring high intensity body-weight workouts with powerful beats, all brought together in a nightclub atmosphere!
- Where: Caprice Nightclub – 967 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 8; 7 p.m.
- What: From soft serve to ice cream sandwiches, sample lots of delicious locally made ice cream on this tour of the Railtown Café, Cadeaux Bakery, Soft Peaks and Twisted Ice Cream. Perfect for a mid-week break on a hot summer day.
- Where: Railtown Café – 397 Railway Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 8, at 5 pm
- Tickets: Available from Off The Eaten Track, priced $29.99
- What: A chance to have your say on housing and transit along the Cambie Corridor, from the Fraser River to 16th Avenue in the north. You’ll be able to meet a City planner and hear some early ideas for unique sites.
- Where: Van Dusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 8, from 4 to 7 pm
- More information: vancouver.ca