Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Wednesday, June 1. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: Every Spring & Summer, BC craft breweries bring unique flavour profiles to their traditional ales, and this event provides the opportunity to try the best examples of these beers under one roof!
- Where: Devil’s Elbow Ale House – 562 Beatty Street, Vancouver
When: Wednesday, June 1; 6 p.m.
- What: The Live Agency and Rednyne Productions Presents Jake Touzel with Special Guests Cale Michael and Kazhmer.
- Where: The Roxy – 932 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 1; 8 p.m.
- What: Learn how to cook Lebanese Tabbouleh, Chicken Lemon Tagine and Coconut Mousse & Mango Coulis. You’ll get a snack on arrival, then get to eat everything you make during the class, while enjoying wine, chosen to pair with the food.
- Where: The Uncommon Cafe – 477 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 1, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Register: On Eventbrite, priced at $75
- What: Perhaps the biggest, most influential heavy metal band of the new millennium, Lamb of God are back from hiatus after a troublesome few years, touring the aptly titled VII: Sturm und Drang (Storm and Stress) album.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 630 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, June 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets: Available on Ticketmaster, priced from $46.50 to $96.50 plus fees
- What: This multi-Grammy-nominated alt rock band are coming to Burnaby, touring their new album Cleopatra, sure to be a great followup to their platinum-plus self-titled debut album, which featured huge hits Ho Hey and Stubborn Love.
- Where: Deer Lake Park – 6450 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby
- When: Wednesday, June 1, doors 5:30 p.m., show at 6:30 p.m. until 10 p.m.
- Tickets: Available on Ticketmaster, $49.50 plus fees