5 things to do in Vancouver today: Wednesday, February 3
Dec 20 2017, 3:57 am
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today: Wednesday, February 3. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
Fourplay: New Works by Excited Writers
- What: This year marks the 11th mounting of this popular festival of one-act plays, featuring 4 new scripts by current students and graduates, once again under the tutelage of award-winning playwright Aaron Bushkowsky. In two exciting programs, directed by four of BC’s best directors, the playwrights delve into contemporary themes with a sharp eye and fresh voice.
- Where: Studio 58 Theatre Langara College – 100 West 49th Ave, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 3; 8 to 10 p.m.
Riding on a Cloud
- What: Presented by PuSh Festival. Acclaimed artist Rabih Mroué’s brother Yasser was struck in the head by a bullet in Lebanon’s civil war and survived to tell the tale. A moving meditation on memory and brotherly love.
- Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 3; 8 to 9:15 p.m.
Wednesday Night Hockey: Vancouver Giants vs. Spokane Chiefs
- What: This Wednesday at 7:00pm, the Vancouver Giants will be meeting the Spokane Chiefs for the second and final time this season. Late in November, the G-Men bravely battled back in the third period after three unanswered goals from the Chiefs, but ultimately fell one goal short.
- Where: Pacific Coliseum – 100 North Renfrew Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 3; 7 p.m.
Intro to Visual Design Workshop
- What: Students will learn the basics of Photoshop and an overview of the following: common tools, proper workspace environment, and the various editing functions that Photoshop has to offer. Beyond the fundamental skills, this workshop will also go over the toolsets needed to enhance images and photographs (ex. lighting/colour correction, blemish removal, object distortions), as well as those to make a GIF, or frame-by-frame animation.
- Where: BrainStation Vancouver – 1110 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 3; 3 to 8 p.m.
Robson Square Ice Skating 2015
- What: Skaters can skate for free if they bring their own skates while those without skates can rent a pair on-site. There is also a concession stand serving snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 3; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.