FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
It’s Wednesday… and we know. Even though this is a four-day week, it still feels like a hump day. Maybe we can help hurry the weekend along?
Here are five things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from morning meditation to bluegrass Americana, by way of some Tinder comedy.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: YYoga and Mala Collective are offering this free short flow yoga sequence to awaken the body and prep the mind for a guided meditation that will get you ready for the day. Bring your own mat and arrive 15 minutes early.
- Where: David Lam Park – 1300 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 3, from 7 to 8 am
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Learn and sweat with an intense master class from one of the best choreographers in the dance industry, Paul Becker. Having worked with everyone from Kanye West to Miley Cyrus, Becker’s story-driven class will push you to the limit.
- Where: Grant D. Burnyeat Studio, BMO Theatre Centre – 162 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 3, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $35-$40
- What: Vancouver TheatreSports pokes fun at Vancouver’s notorious dating scene with their latest late-night show, OK Tinder – Swipe Right Comedy. Don’t have a date? No problem! Come anyway, you might meet your perfect match at the show.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau St, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday, starting August 3, from 9:15 to 10:15 pm
- Tickets: At Vancouver TheatreSports, half the usual price, at $5
- What: The Fakespeare Festival turns some of Shakespeare’s most famous tragedies into uproarious comedies. This season you can see The Light and Delightful Musical Comedy of Titus Andronicus and Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet.)
- Where: Instant Studios – 529 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 3, to Sunday, August 28, shows at 2 pm or 8 pm
- Tickets: At the Cultch, $15-$35
- What: This New Orleans band has a raw, stripped-down sound, a country-meets- Southern-R&B hybrid rooted partly in the Texas singer/songwriter tradition, partly on the weathered floor of a Louisiana dance hall. They’re touring wih Petunia and Twain.
- Where: The Cobalt Cabaret – 917 Main St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 3, doors at 8 pm, show at 9:30 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketweb, $13, 19+