Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, March 29. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: Start the day off right with salon-style classical music concerts in the gallery.Our morning begins with coffee, tea, treats and mingling with friends and neighbours, followed by a tour of the current exhibition in the Gordon Smith Gallery, hosted by the exhibition’s curator. After the tour, audiences take a seat and enjoy the serene sounds of classical music ringing through the gallery awakening a new understanding of the visual art on the walls.
- Where: Gordon Smith Gallery of Canadian Art – 2121 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, March 29; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- What: Alessia Cara comes to the Vogue Theatre as part of her North American tour that started in January in Montreal.
- Where: Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, March 29; 7 to 10 p.m.
- What: Nimbus Nights at The Roxy Presents Kin Kanyon w/ Marina Legace and Elle Wolf
- Where: The Roxy – 938 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, March 29; 7 p.m.
- What: Every Tuesday, catch Kings Head Comedy: a stand-up comedy showcase hosted by Colin Sharp and James Kennedy and featured as part of the Just For Laughs Northwest Comedy Festival. Consistently packed with some of the best comedy fans in the city, audiences are rewarded with a stellar lineup of comics and $3.50 beers. Faces from HBO, Conan, and Just for Laughs bring the house down every week and keep crowds coming back for more. Tickets are only $5 at the door.
Where: Kings Head Pub – 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
When: Tuesday, March 29; 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- What: Ron Simmer’s latest work is an experimental infinity room prototype inspired by the work of artist Yayoi Kusama, and is part of the Luminescence Group Show organized by the Burnaby Arts Council. The installation creates the dazzling optical illusion named for the artwork itself of “A Night Walk in Falling Snow,” and celebrates the bright light of the Spring Equinox, on March 19 this year.
- Where: Deer Lake Gallery – 6584 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby
- When: Tuesday, March 29; noon to 4 p.m.