FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
Sat, November 14, 7:00pm
Norah Dawn Holtby
Starts at $15.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Wed, October 28, 12:00pm
Alright, you’ve made it through Monday, and midweek is nearly upon us. That’s a good enough reason to celebrate.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, June 21.
- What: This Oscar-nominated Turkish film tells of the fallout when five sisters’ harmless horseplay on the beach with a group of boys is misinterpreted as some form of sexual adventurism by the adults charged with raising them “correctly.”
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 21, at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: From VIFF, priced $12 for adults, or $10 for students
- What: A free mass yoga session on the North Shore with Clara Roberts-Oss, Christie Baumgartner and lululemon, to celebrate the International Day of Yoga. All abilities welcome, just bring your own mat.
- Where: Burrard Dry Dock Pier – 15 Wallace Mews Road, North Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 21, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- More info: On Eventbrite, totally free.
- What: Join Pop-Up City Hall at Trout Lake to celebrate National Aboriginal Day. Expect a big celebration of culture, music, and dance.
- Where: Trout Lake – 3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 21, from noon to 5 pm
- More information: vancouver.ca
- What: A free, ladies-only street jazz dance class aiming to empower women in a safe space. Open to all levels – beginners are especially welcome! Wear comfortable workout attire – running shoes, sneakers, wedge sneakers or combat boots work great.
- Where: Public Myth Kitsilano – 2005 W 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 21, from 6:15 to 7:15 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Professional Cantonese Opera performer Mr. Hoi Seng Ieong has been performing in China and Canada for over fifty years. In this exhibition he is sharing an abundant collection of costumes, headdresses, props, musical instruments, scenery backdrops, facial make-up samples and archives with the Vancouver audience.
- Where: Chinese Cultural Centre Museum – 555 Columbia Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, June 21; 9:30 am to 5:30 pm