Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, January 26. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: Come on Tuesday, January 26 to relax at the Charqui Grill – start your week on a sweet note while listening to Celine’s (alias Ch’tite fille) soothing covers and original songs.
- Where: Charqui Grill – 1955 Cornwall Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 26; 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
- What: How do we create inclusive workplaces? Learn strategies to prevent racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism and violence in your organization. Women Transforming Cities and the City for All Women Initiative (Ottawa) invite you to this free workshop.
- Where: Britannia Community Centre – 1661 Napier Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 26; 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- What: Skaters can skate for free if they bring their own skates while those without skates can rent a pair on-site. There is also a concession stand serving snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 26; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- What: In a poignant musical drama, the Vancouver Academy of Music (VAM) reflects on Renia Perel’s emotional narrative as a Holocaust survivor in Songs of the Wasteland, on January 26, 2016 at 7:30pm at the Koerner Recital Hall (1270 Chestnut Street). Echoing 20th-century Jewish tradition and culture, music and lyrics will conjure the sorrow of the Holocaust, underlined with sentiments of hope and healing – a tribute to those who risked their welfare for the Jewish people.
- Where: Koerner Recital Hall at the Vancouver Academy of Music – 1270 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 26; 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- What: Somewhere in the back of your closet gathering dust and turning yellow with
age is comedic gold. Those old journals, poems, and essays you wrote as a
teenager when you thought you could do no wrong, would probably make you
cringe at your former feelings if you were to read them today. Now, imagine
sharing them in front of an audience. That’s exactly what happens at Teen
- Where: 4468 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 26; 8 to 10:15 p.m.