Where did Monday go? Hopefully, Tuesday will rush past just as fast and before you know it, we’ll be heading into another awesome Vancouver weekend.
In the meantime, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from a David Bowie extravaganza to a Gastown beach party.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Evo Summer Cinema Series of free outdoor movies in Stanley Park brings you Labyrinth and an evening dedicated to the late, great David Bowie. As well as the movie, there will also be a pre-show screening of career-spanning Bowie music videos.
- Where: Ceperley Meadows (Second Beach), Stanley Park
- When: Tuesday, August 9, movie starts at dusk
- What: Caskapalooza returns, with more than 20 casks to be sampled, to raise funds towards The Society of St. Vincent de Paul and help sponsor a family in need for Christmas this year. Plus, win a chance to brew your own beer at Parkside Brewery!
- Where: Craft Beer Market – 85 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 9, from 4 to 8 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $25
- What: Love solving puzzles? With friends? While eating and drinking? Then Puzzled Pint is for you. All you have to do is solve a puzzle to figure out where it’s being held… then when you get there, do more puzzles!
- Where: It’s a mystery – to figure it out, solve the puzzle here; hints here
- When: Tuesday, August 9, exact time revealed with location
- More info: puzzledpint.com
- What: The start of a four-week course on finding genuine impulse, honesty, physical connection and creation through the mask of clown, this class will allow you to unleash your inner fool and experience full body physical performance.
- Where: Instant Studios – 529 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 9, from 6:30 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $249 for full four-week course
- What: Arguably the most fun you can have on a weekday in Vancouver, enjoy three sets of belly dancers, drag performers, comedy, live stunts, contortionists, burlesque, and random hilariousness with April O’Peel, Sweet Munish, and Sparkle Plenty.
- Where: Guilt & Company – 1 Alexander St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 9, doors at 8 pm , sets at 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 pm
- Admission: By donation, $10