FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
We’re approaching the weekend and that deserves a celebration.
Why not get out there on a Thursday and dance away the night to the sound of Aussie band Rüfüs, or enjoy some family friendly fun with Hansel and Gretel?
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Whether you know them as Rüfüs or Rüfüs du Sol, these Aussies are bound to make you dance your way through November. The trio are touring their number 1 album, and latest release, Bloom.
- Where: Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 24 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Sold out online, but tickets are also on sale at Red Cat, Zulu, and Neptune, limited tickets may be available for purchase at the door. Cash only.
- What: This exhibition by the Vancouver Metal Arts Association explores the strange and sometimes discordant elements that make the viewing, wearing, and making of Contemporary Jewellery an enjoyable endeavour.
- Where: Craft Council of British Columbia – 1386 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: Opening night on Thursday, November 24 from 6 to 8 pm; exhibition runs through December 8
- Register: On Facebook, totally free
- What: This class will discuss botanicals you can grow in your garden for cocktails, and how to use and preserve them for optimal flavour. You’ll also sample cocktails made with winter-inspired botanicals and locally-distilled spirits.
- Where: VanDusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 24 from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: On VanDusen, $42 for non-members, $35 for members
- What: From outdoor and lifestyle photography to branding and illustration, learn how Vancouver’s social influencers have built their passions into careers through the power of social media. The diverse panel of local influencers includes Ally Pintucci, Kate Zessel, Sarah Namrood and Caley Dimmock.
- Where: RED Academy –1490 W Broadway #200, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 24, from 6 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: On nvite.com, sign up for the wait list
- What: In this well-known opera, Hansel and Gretel must use all their wits to avoid a terrible fate, as they wander lost in the woods and pursued by a witch. Astonishing puppets and playful surprises also abound in this family-friendly treat.
- Where: Vancouver Playhouse – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 24 at 7:30 pm; more shows through December 11
- Tickets: On Vancouver Opera, $25-$75