We’re almost at the weekend and that deserves a celebration.
Why not get out there on a Thursday and enjoy the talents of JB the First Lady, or catch a Canucks game (and hope they win)?
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Jerilynn Webster, aka JB the First Lady, is a member of the Nuxalk and Onondaga Nations and a hip hop/spoken word artist, beat-boxer, cultural dancer and youth educator. Nominated five times at the Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards, she’s sure to have something interesting to say at this informal artistic talk.
- Where: Native Education College – 285 East 5th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 17 from 12:15 to 1 pm
- Register: On Facebook
- What: With a focus on local craftsmanship, the 20th annual Eastside Culture Crawl will shine a light on emerging and established artists in East Vancouver, with more than 450 artists opening their studios to the public over four days.
- Where: Multiple venues across East Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, November 17 to Sunday, November 20, hours vary
- Info: culturecrawl.ca
- What: A storytelling night that hits repeat on some of the best personal stories inspired by the essential glam rock album David Bowie’s Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars. Includes a listening party and musical guest.
- Where: H. R. MacMillan Space Centre – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 17, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20
- What: Seven characters are linked by a sequence of ultimately tragic events, but there is more to the pattern than first appears. It’s like six degrees of separation on stage, albeit through number theory, geometry and logic, instead of ancestry.com.
- Where: Gateway Theatre – 6500 Gilbert Rd, Richmond
- When: November 17 to 26
- Tickets: From Gateway Theatre, $29
- What: The Vancouver Canucks continue their home stand with a matchup against the Arizona Coyotes.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 17, at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $32.75-$192.75