FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
It’s finally Thursday! You’ve almost made it to the end of the week – so it’s time to reward yourself.
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from reliving the boxing genius of Muhammad Ali to enjoying some tasty Lebanese tacos.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: In honour of the extraordinary life lived by athlete, activist and cultural icon Muhammad Ali, the Rio are screening this Oscar-winning portrait of “The Greatest,” covering events leading up to his infamous fight against George Foreman.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, June 23, doors 6:30 pm, movie at 7 pm
- Tickets: At the Rio, priced $10 in advance or $12 on the door
- What: A free showcase for abstract painter Charlotte Spafford and Flory Huang, who is currently working primarily in 2-dimensional media with ink and paint. Refreshments will be available, as will the artwork to buy.
- Where: thisopenspace – 434 Columbia Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, June 23, from 5:30 to 11:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: An evening of music, food and fundraising in support of the Sumac Ridge Riders Ride to Conquer Cancer team. Tickets include two glasses of wine, delicious Italian fare, and live entertainment by Federico.
- Where: Federico’s Supper Club – 1728 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, June 23, from 6 to 11 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, priced $60
- What: Shop and support emerging Canadian fashion talent at this trunk show featuring Vancouver labels Vestige, MUSE by Lauralye, Park and Fifth Co., and Noctex bags, plus Diamonds by Astranova and gold jewelry by The Cut at wholesale prices.
- Where: The Cutting Room – 1888 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, June 23, from 5 to 9 pm; also on Saturday, June 25, from 1 to 5 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite or email [email protected]. Totally free.
- What: Back by popular demand, The Dallah Menu will transform the cafe at Hootsuite into a cantina serving discounted Lebanese tacos and drinks, with live music. Half the profits go to support motionball’s work with Special Olympics athletes.
- Where: Hootsuite Media Inc. – 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, June 23, from 6:30 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, entry is $12.50 on the door, cash only