It’s Thursday – and after the four-day week for Canada Day, this sure has felt like a long one. But finally, the weekend is almost here so let’s get going!
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from a lovers’ cabaret of Bond girls to a cosmic display of all things Jupiter.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Join some of your favourite femme fatales on an adventure across the globe, presented by The Lovers Cabaret. Using elements of burlesque, cabaret and contemporary, the gorgeous dancers will take your breath away… Bond fan or foe.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 7, doors at 8 pm, show at 9 pm; more shows through July 9
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $30-$45
- What: Vancouver Greek Summerfest is returning to the city for its 30th consecutive year, bringing you delicacies like barbecued lamb and loukoumades, a traditional Greek dessert. Who can resist gyros, spanakopitas, and souvlaki?
- Where: St. Nicholas and Dimitrios Greek Orthodox Church – 4641 Boundary Road, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 7 to Sunday, July 17; Monday to Thursday: noon to 10 pm and Friday to Sunday: noon to 11 pm
- Cost: Free to enter
- What: A unique summertime lawn bowling fundraiser held in cities across Canada, benefiting Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Get a taste for the flair and fashion of Lawn Summer Nights and celebrate with the teams at the afterparties.
- Where: Granville Park Lawn Bowling Club – 3025 Fir Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Thursday from July 7 to July 28, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Passes: On Eventbrite, priced $30
- What: Glamorous guests, fine sips and delectable nibbles curated by Vikram Vij – Indian Summer Festival’s Opening Gala is one of the city’s most sought after summer parties. Dress code is your finest saris and handmade bowties.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver (enter through Turntable Plaza on Davie Street)
- When: Thursday, July 7, from 7 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $95, includes food (vegan and vegetarian options available) and a complimentary beverage
- What: Discover the wonders of the universe over drinks at Cosmic Nights: Jupiter, a party for the king of the solar system! Explore the Space Centre after hours and see a planetarium show and lecture about Juno’s mission to Jupiter, and Europa.
- Where: H. R. MacMillan Space Centre – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 7, from 6:30 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $20