FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Good news: we’re getting closer to the end of the week and there is plenty to do in the city today.
The Paper Kites are playing at the Rio and Ballet BC is performing The Nutcracker tonight, so why not let loose on a Thursday?
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Melbourne quintet The Paper Kites are on the road promoting twelvefour, a concept album featuring songs written only between the hours of midnight and 4 am. Please note – tickets for both concerts will go “off sale” at 4pm on show day.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 8 and Friday, December 9 at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25
- What: Three top chefs from Mexico City are setting up shop in Vancouver eateries to showcase their cuisine over a three-night event series. Menus will feature high-end Mexican cuisine made with rare and hard-to-find ingredients.
- Chef José Manuel Baños of Aguamiel – Homer Street Cafe and Bar – 898 Homer St, Vancouver
- Chef Mario Espinosa of La Encomienda Polanco – Burdock & Co. – 2702 Main St, Vancouver
- Chef Gerardo Vázquez Lugo of Nicos – Cacao – 1898 W 1st Ave, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 8 through Saturday, December 10
- Reservations: Check saborescdmx.com
- What: Make It is one of the most popular craft fairs in Canada, featuring more than 265 artists, makers, and designers from all over the country selling handcrafted items made with love. Plus, there’s a beer garden, good music and food trucks.
- Where: PNE Forum – 2901 E Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 8 to Sunday, December 11, times vary
- Tickets: Available online, $5, or buy on the door for $7
- What: With nominations for three Junos, the Polaris Prize, The CBC Heart Of Gold Award and a pile of albums under his belt, Danny Michel is unquestionably one of Canada’s finest songwriters. His thoughtful lyrics & earnest performances have earned him a devoted fanbase.
- Where: Saint James Hall 3214 West 10 Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 8, 10 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $22
- What: Ballet BC’s annual production of The Nutcracker, this time starring the Royal Winnipeg Ballet. This heart-warming ballet is full of surprises, including traditional Canadian scenes such as a snowy pond hockey game and a battle on Parliament Hill.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 649 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 8 to Sunday, December 11, at 7:30 pm, matinees also available
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $26.25-$91.25