If you’re looking for something to do on this fine winter’s night, why not hit up a few of these fine winter events?
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: An annual musical Christmas celebration, this year featuring Canadian musician Dawn Pemberton. Mass takes place after the show, so stick around if that’s what you’re after.
- Where: Canadian Memorial United Church & Centre For Peace -1825 West 16th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 24; 7 p.m.
- What: Take in historic Gastown and learn photography along the way. Combination walking tour and photography class, the Photowalks are a great way to learn a bit about your city and learn a new skill at the same time.
- Where: Gastown – 199 Water Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 24; 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- What: The Christmas classic comes to the Rio again. Watch as officer John McClain shoots his way through the Nakatomi Tower, killing terrorist after terrorist, and – some would argue – saving Christmas. He’s basically the reverse-Grinch, but with a gun.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 24; 6:15 p.m.
- What: Vancouver-based singer/songwriter/artist Rachael Chatoor comes to Lulu’s Lounge at the River Rock Casino for a night of everything and anything. As the front of three bands, Chatoor is one of the most versatile and talented musicians in the city.
- Where: Lulu’s Lounge – 8811 River Road, Richmond
- When: Thursday, December 24; 9 p.m.