5 things to do in Vancouver today: Thursday, December 15
Dec 15 2016, 8:10 am
Good news: we’re getting closer to the end of the week and there is plenty to do in the city today.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Presented by the Goh Ballet, this Christmas season classic features dancers from the National Ballet of Canada, and music by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- Where: The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts – 777 Homer St, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 15 to Tuesday, December 20
- Tickets: Start at $28, available at Ticketmaster.
Music for the Winter Solstice
- What: The third annual concert by Music on Main celebrates the winter season.
- Where: Heritage Hall – 3102 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 15 to Friday, December 16, at 8 pm
- Tickets: $10-$25, available online
PANTO: Robin Hood and Marion
- What: Robin Hoodand Marion ambush the Metro Theatre this holiday season in a pantomime adaptation of the classic tale, written and directed by Catherine Morrison.
- Where: Metro Theatre – 1370 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 15 to January 7, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: $17-$24, available online
- What: Chris Tomlin brings his Adore Christmas Tour, featuring Matt Redman to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 630 Hamilton Street at Georgia, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, December 15, at 7 pm
- Tickets: $35-$80, available online
Beginner’s to Intermediate Latin Dance Lesson and Social
- What: This Salsa and Merengue Dance lesson and social party at Pepitas On Top Mexican Lounge and Restaurant will teach atendees basic dance steps, while socailizing in a friendly casual atmosphere.
- Where: Pepitas Restaurant–2015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 15, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: $15 on Eventbrite