With 15 days left until Christmas, the countdown is on. Here’s a list of things to do today to celebrate.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Drummer Matt Wilson is putting a jazzy spin on yuletide classics tonight with saxophonist Jeff Lederer and bassist Paul Sikivie. Promising “masterful musicianship” and “mischievous humour,” this performance is the Christmas perfect treat for jazz lovers.
- Where: Western Front – 303 East 8th Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday December 10; 8 p.m.
- What: Follow the yellow brick road to revisit an old classic with the family. Performances will run from December 10 to January 3.
- Where: Gateway Theatre – 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond
- When: December 10 to January 3; Various times
- What: Showcasing 1,200 children’s books, this free event aims to celebrate cultural diversity through folktales. Bring your little bookworms to explore new stories from 120 different countries.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: December 8 to December 16, 2015; Various times
- What: Get into the Christmas spirit at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Partial proceeds will benefit the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund.
- Where: Capilano Suspension Bridge – 3735 Capilano Road, North Vancouver
- When: November 27 2015 to January 3, 2016; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- What: Stroll through a magical Christmas village and embark on a Twelve Days of Christmas scavenger hunt. The Burnaby Village Museum promises a menagerie of Eco-scuptures and thousands of Christmas lights.
- Where: Burnaby Village Museum – 6501 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby
- When: December 10 to January 1, 2016; Various times
This article was written for Vancity Buzz by Kathryn Wu / Twitter: @kathrynj_wu