FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Celebrate the first day of December the right way!
Lace up your skates and head to Robson Square Ice Rink or get a little tipsy at and make some gingerbread at Notch 8.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Robson Skating Rink is a classic Vancouver Christmas tradition for all ages. The outdoor skating arena at Robson Square allows locals and visitors to get into the holiday spirit, while surrounded by downtown Vancouver’s bustling beauty.
- Where: 800 Robson Street, Vancouver (Robson Street & Howe Street)
- When: Daily from December 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017 (9 am to 9 pm from Sunday to Thursday; 9 am to 11 pm on Friday and Saturday)
- Admission: Free for all ages, if you bring your own skates (Skate rentals are $4, and rentals end 30 minutes before closing time).
- What: A holiday face off of caffeinated concoctions. Sponsored by Caffe D’arte Coffee Roasters, this competition will collect donations in support of The Lookout Society and will provide beer, snacks, and Christmas cookies to spectators.
- Where: Espressotec Sales & Service – 1015 Clark Drive, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 1, from 5:30 to 9:30pm
- Admission: Cash/food/clothing donation
- What: A good old-fashioned dance battle and duelling DJ showdown, featuring a live acoustic punk performance, wicked queen MCs, Cineworks film projections, and a silent auction – all while dancers battle with gyrating hips and pumping fists.
- Where: The Ironworks – 235 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 1, from 7:30 pm to midnight
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $18-$80
- What: The Small Stage: Incubator Project develops new works with a unique range of dancers and musicians who are experimenting with new forms of technology to inspire innovative work.
- Where: The Emerald – 555 Gore Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 1, 7 pm
- Tickets: $15 on Eventbrite
- What: Pastry Chef D’Oyen and his team welcomes you to this tipsy “Adult-Only” class, which comes with candy decorations, accoutrements, assistance from the culinary team, and two festive holiday cocktails (or beer and wine) and canapés.
- Where: Notch8 – 900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, December 1 at 7pm
- Tickets: $70 per person or $120 per couple; email [email protected] or call 604-647-0517.