As the city comes alive, enjoy the brilliance of spring with a few of these events happening around Vancouver today.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: The first day of the VSO SpringFest brings Vancouver’s Symphony Orchestra, performing the immortal works of Ludwig van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, and Richard Wagner.
- Where: Orpheum Theatre – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, April 7; 8 p.m.
- What: Vancouver artist Andrea Hooge presents her fourth solo show at Hot Art Wet City, featuring a collection of scratchboard images, inspired by childhood stories and imaginings.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, April 7; 12 to 5 p.m.
- What: One of Canada’s fastest rising comedians, Darcy Michael is a Canadian Comedy Award nominated performer, and one of the stars of CBC’s “Spun Out.”
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, April 7; 8:30 p.m.
- What: This Capture Photography Festival event features photographers from Cate Cameron, documenting the indigenous Huichol or Sierra Madre Occidental in Mexico.
- Where: Make – 257 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, April 7; 7 to 10 p.m.
- What: A presentation and discussion from photographer Greg Constantine, regarding his project and new book Nowhere People – a 10-year investigation that documents the lives of stateless individuals and communities around the world.
- Where: Liu Institute for Global Issues – 6476 Northwest Marine Drive, UBC, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, April 7; 4:30 to 6 p.m.