5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, June 27
Jun 27 2016, 9:50 am
It’s Monday, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Monday, June 27.
The Laugh Gallery
- What: Vancouver comedian Graham Clark (of CBC’s The Debaters fame) hosts one of the longest-running shows in town at The Havana Theatre. How long-running? BeforeThe Hangover, Zach Galifianakis did weekly sets here. Aside from big names and legendary Vancouver acts like Charlie Demers, the best part of the show may very well be the oddball audience prizes that Clark himself finds at flea markets and garage sales around the city.
- Price: $5
- Time: Mondays at 9 pm
- Address: 1212 Commercial Drive
View some strange collections at the Museum of Vancouver
- What: Corsets, vintage prosthetic limbs, pinball machines – these are just a few of the wacky collections curated by Vancouverites on display at the Museum of Vancouver. All of the collections have an interactive component.
- Where: Museum of Vancouver – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: On display from June 23, 2016 to January 8, 2017
Jazz Workshops and Talks at Tom Lee Music
- What: To help celebrate the 31st annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival, the Coastal Jazz and Blues Society is offering a variety of free educational programs for budding musicians and music lovers of all ages.
- Where: Tom Lee Music – 929 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Every day between June 27 and July 3, except July 1
Hockey Night in Canada’s Play On!
- What: This is the the largest annual sports festival in Canada, where local wannabe players and teams of all ages, genders and abilities will face off in a whole weekend of 4-on-4 street hockey tournaments. Free for spectators.
- Where: YPK Integrated Training Centre – 18200 Ford Road, Pitt Meadows
- When: June 25 and 26
Bard on the Beach 2016
- What: Get ready to see the festival’s familiar tents dotting Vanier Park as Bard on the Beach returns to Vancouver for its 27th year, running from June 3 to September 24.
- When: June 3 to September 24. Click here for a full schedule.
- Where: Vanier Park – 1000 Chestnut Street, Vancouver