Yes, it’s Monday, and that means another work week has started. Well, stop moping – there are still plenty of fun things to do.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Monday, June 13.
- What: These twice-weekly sessions are perfect for people looking for life drawing with a professional instructor. Everyone is welcome, from beginner to expert artists.
- Where: Canadian Arts & Sciences Academy – #590-1199 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Mondays and Thursdays, from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Register: On the Canadian Arts & Sciences Academy website, $30 per single session, $90 for five sessions, $162 for 10 sessions
- What: Get ready to see the festival’s familiar tents dotting Vanier Park as Bard on the Beach returns to Vancouver for its 27th year, running from June 3 to September 24.
- When: June 3 to September 24. Click here for a full schedule.
- Where: Vanier Park – 1000 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- What: Based on the acclaimed film, and supported with music by Elton John, Billy Elliot is an inspiring tale of courage, ambition, and overcoming adversity.
- Where: Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage – 2750 Granville Street, Vancouver
- What: Maki is a naturally captivating performer who has loved dance all of her life, starting with ballet at the age of four. She went on to become a competitive Rhythmic Gymnast at the national and international level. After retiring from the sport, she wandered into her first Raks Sharki (bellydance) class in Vancouver and immediately fell in love with the style. The music touched her like no other and the movements, although new to her, felt very natural.
- Where: Scotiabank Dance Centre – 677 Davie Street, Vancouver
- What: Travel over to Bowen Island. Stop off on the Island for Dinner at Doc Morgan’s. Take a short walk amongst the Island shops before you jump back on the Boat to do some more exploring. You will have a chance to see: Stanley Park, The Seal Colony, LightHouse Park, Ocean Freighters and much more. Your tour includes your dinner and one drink.
- Where: Vancouver Water Adventures – 1812 Boatlift Lane, Vancouver