It’s Monday and it’s time to beat those post-weekend blues. This week, there’s tons going on the city, so let’s started!
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from eight and a half inches of comedy to a bullfighting Snow White.
- What: Every Monday pro comics from all over North America perform at Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge. $3.50 beers, and only $5 cover. This Monday’s lineup includes headliner Eddie Della Siepe, Jordan Ducharme, Fatima Dhowre and more!
- Where: Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge – 151 East 8th Ave, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 18, from 9 pm to midnight
- What: “Soulful, passionate, heartfelt rock” is the perfect description of Chris Witoski’s music. With influences ranging from The Beatles to Nirvana, there is always something that appeals to even the toughest of audiences.
- Where: Dubh Linn Gate – 1601 Main St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 18, at 6 pm
- What: A chance to find out more and tell the City what you think about its plans for Grandview-Woodland area, stretching from Broadway to Burrard Inlet, and from Clark Drive to Nanaimo Street, with Commercial Drive at its heart.
- Where: WISE Hall – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 18, from 11 am to 2pm
- More info: On vancouver.ca, totally free
- What: Some of Vancouver’s most celebrated theatre makers and industry professionals take you behind the scenes into their fascinating worlds, in a panel discussion exploringwhat it takes to bring Shakespeare from “the page to the stage.”
- Where: Vanier Park – 1000 Chestnut St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 18, at 7 pm
- Tickets: From Bard On The Beach, $15 adults, $10 students
- What: A wildly imaginative re-invention of the fairy tale Snow White, in which our heroine is the daughter of an injured bullfighter with talents in the ring herself. Part of a VIFF series entitled B&W By Design: Monochrome Movies in the Colour Era.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 18, at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: On VIFF, $12 full price, $10 for students