FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
It’s Monday! OK, we’re not that keen on the first day of the week either. But there’s still plenty going to in the city today to distract you from the Monday blues.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from jamming to a brand new baby grand piano to enjoying some beautiful Beethoven on the beach.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: A summer jam featuring WILLA, Dan Moxon of Bend Sinister, Star Captains, Michaelis Nave, Tariq, Dominique Fricot, Colour The Wild and more, all playing a baby grand piano supplied by Keys To The Street and First Nations artist Zola.
- Where: Woodwards Atrium – West Cordova Street & Abbott Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 11, from 5:30 to 8 pm
- Admission: By donation at Eventbrite, minimum $5
- What: A chance to find out more and tell the City what you think about its plans for Grandview-Woodland area, stretching from Broadway to Burrard Inlet, and from Clark Drive to Nanaimo Street, with Commercial Drive at its heart.
- Where: Croation Cultural Centre, Room B+C – 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 11, from 4 to 7 pm
- More info: On vancouver.ca, totally free
- What: Some of the best local female talent on one stage, hosted by Queer Prov, a not-for-profit society dedicated to creating a Queer improv theatre community. Entry is completely free – just bring friends!
- Where: XY – 1216 Bute Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Monday night at 8 pm
- More info: Queer Prov on Facebook
- What: Nina Winkler is a young singer-songwriter with a delicate voice and a strong spirit. Her style is ambient, whimsical folk with a youthful energy and heavy lyrics.
- Where: Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub – 1601 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 11, at 6 pm
- More info: Dubh Linn Gate website
- What: Back by popular demand, VSO and conductor Tania Miller will perform Tchaikovsky’s Rococo Variations for Cello and Orchestra, and Beethoven’s sublime Symphony No. 4, the “calm before the storm” symphony.
- Where: BMO Mainstage, Bard on the Beach – Vanier Park, Vancouver
- When: Monday, July 11, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: From Bard on the Beach website, priced $20-$57