5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, February 1
Dec 20 2017, 3:55 am
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Monday, February 1. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
BC Cancer Foundation’s “Lose the Booze”
- What: BC Cancer Foundation’s Lose the Booze is a 29-day alcohol free challenge that will have you swapping your wine for water and pints for pop throughout the month of February. Not only will your wallet and waistline thank you, but you’ll also be fundraising in support of life-saving research taking place at the BC Cancer Agency.
- Where: N/A
- When: All February long. Sign up here.
Prohibition’s Leap Year Celebration
- What: Forget Valentine’s Day: This February, the Rosewood Hotel Georgia’s dapper bar is celebrating Leap Year – a special event where it’s anyone’s game. Inviting lovers to pop the big question at Prohibition, for every successful proposal the happy couple will be entered in a draw to win A ‘Suite’ Night at Hotel Georgia. The prize includes one night’s accommodation in a suite, Champagne, flowers and breakfast in bed.
- Where: Prohibition Bar – 801 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: All February long.
Salt Tasting Room Launches ‘Italian Gas Station Experiment’
- What: Salt Tasting Room has partnered with Port Moody-based Urbani Foods to offer complimentary samples of their products, which are inspired by the gas stations in one of Europe’s most beloved food spots. Launching in February and running for the entire month, guests who order a glass of wine, flight or beer will receive free samples of these tasty snacks.
- Where: Salt Tasting Room – 45 Blood Alley, Vancouver
- When: All February long; Mondays through Sundays from 4 to 6 p.m.
- What: Presented by PuSh Festival with Music on Main. A distinguished composer and vocalist, Gabriel Dharmoo performs a surprising musical double-axel in this whimsical and daringly original pan-cultural investigation. Tickets $29 + s.c. at www.ticketstonight.ca or phone 604.449.6000.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, February 1; 8 to 8:45 p.m.
Mermaid Club Comedy
- What: Mermaid Club Comedy is a live stand up comedy and improv show at the historic Railway Club. Vancouver comedians Stefan MacNeil, Brad Dorion and Dylan Williamson bring some of the best comedy from across the country to the Mermaid Club Comedy stage.
- Where: The Railway Club – 579 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, February 1; 8 to 11 p.m.