You’ve made it to another weekend. Hang up your apron (you’re a baker, right?), dust the flour off your hands (really assuming you’re a baker), and celebrate with a few of non-bread-related- the awesome events taking place tonight (that’s just true, it doesn’t matter if you’re a baker).
Check out the Vancity Buzz Events Calendar for more.
- What: A crime thriller follows a Japanese novelist, as she gets pulled into the very thing she has spent her life writing about. It’s like The Last Starfighter, but for crime novels. Pretty great, if you ask me.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 18; 6:15 p.m.
- What: Vancouver’s best comedians making tactical comedy strikes against their colleagues, friends, and contemporaries. Rarely do performers get a chance to let loose like this on stage, so you aren’t going to want to miss it.
- Where: Little Mountain Gallery – 195 East 26th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 18; 9:30 p.m.
- What: Modest Mouse comes to Stanley Park this evening, reminding everyone of that time they heard Modest Mouse for the first time and said “Who is this? It’s pretty good.” Frankly, it’s amazing that Modest Mouse is still kicking after all these years, and that they’re still awesome.
- Where: Malkin Bowl, Stanley Park
- When: Friday, September 18; 6 p.m.
- What: Comedian/Actor/UFC Commentator/Professional Abs-Haver Joe Rogan hits the Orpheum tonight, for an evening of stand-up comedy. If you’re a Joe Rogan fan, you’ve probably already got tickets for this. Maybe if you wait around outside after the show he’ll sign your Affliction visor!
- Where: The Orpheum – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 18; 8 p.m.
- What: Hidden Past, Digital Futures is an interactive art exhibit focusing on technology, art, and the relationships between the two. Step into three dimensional exhibits, experiencing the works of artists with all of your sense.
- Where: Goldcorp Centre for the Arts – 149 West Hastings, Vancouver
- When: Now until October 18