5 things to do in Vancouver today: Friday, October 9
Dec 20 2017, 1:53 am
Can you feel it? Can you feel the Halloween spirit in the air? On every street corner, children gather, intoning archaic phrases in blasphemous tongues, preparing their souls and ours for the one night a year people will just give you candy. They just give it to you! I can hardly wait.
But we have to. In the meantime, get down on a few of the fine events happening Vancouver.
Check out the Vancouver Event Calendar for more.
Ringo Starr & His All Star Band
- What: Living legend Ringo Starr comes to Vancouver tonight, with His All Star Band in tow. Starr’s been plying to waterways of music ever since the golden age of rock and roll. Don’t miss your opportunity to witness living history.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 8; 8 p.m.
Geek Fashion Weekend
- What: I know, I know, I know – “geek” and “fashion” don’t really see a lot of screen time together, but times have changed. Featuring demonstrations and speakers in the world’s of cosplay and costume design, these are the tips and tricks you need for your next convention or LARP.
- Where: Beaumont Studios – 316 West 5th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 9 to October 11; 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fright Nights at the PNE
- What: For the price of admission, you can get unlimited access to seven haunted houses, terrifying and thrilling Halloween shows, concerts, and 15 rides. Halloween the way it was meant to be: in a theme park.
- Where: Playland – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 9 to November 1; 7 p.m.
The Lone Bellow at The Imperial
- What: Brooklyn country soul group The Lone Bellow are at the Imperial. Soulful folksy sound, undercut with emotional vocals, and and powerful feeling. Nothing better.
- Where: The Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 9; 8 p.m.
Haida Gwaii: On the Edge of the World
- What: If you’re looking for a nooner cinema experience, check out Haida Gwaii. It explores the stunningly beautiful Haida Gwaii island chain, and the vibrant people who live there. Part of the Vancouver International Film Festival, you’re doing yourself a favour.
- Where: Vancity Theatre –1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 9; 12 p.m.