TGIF! It’s finally the end of the week, so why not treat yourself to some pre-weekend shinanigans?
British rockers Daughter are in town, or if you want something to do with the family, Grouse Mountain’s Peak of Christmas events begin today!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: British folk rockers Daughter are heading to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre to promote Not To Disappear, their second studio album. Fans can expect loads of new material in addition to classic tracks from the band’s four EPs.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 600 block Hamilton St, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 25 at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $29.50-$36.50
- What: Lights, camera, action! The West Coast Symphony Orchestra welcomes back Hal Beckett to deliver film music from 2001: A Space Odyssey, Psycho and The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars and Avatar.
- Where: Orpheum – 601 Smithe St, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 25 at 8 pm and Sunday, November 27 at 2 pm
- Tickets: By donation at the door
- What: Legendary German trance producer Paul Van Dyk returns to make you dance on a cold winter night. The Grammy Award-winning DJ got his start back in the 90s and has survived the endless evolution of electronic music, through seven studio albums and many hit singles and remixes.
- Where: Harbour Event Centre – 750 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 25 at 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite from $25-$40
- What: Release your inner superhero nerd with a cabaret twist at Uncaped Crusaders: A ‘Batlesque’ Tribute to Batman. Uncaped Crusaders is a burlesque, dance, and comedy show celebrating the characters of Batman through a vaudeville lens.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway St., Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 25, from 8 to 10 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $15 in advance, $20 at the door
- What: Have you always wanted to go to the North Pole? Look no further than the top of Grouse, where Jolly Old St. Nick awaits. Grouse Mountain will be transformed into a winter wonderland for its annual Peak of Christmas event beginning on Friday, November 25.
- Where: Grouse Mountain – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 25 to Monday, January 2. For more information and a detailed daily schedule for all Peak of Christmas activities, please check here.
- Tickets: Family Rate for Peak of Christmas festivities includes admission for 2 adults and 2 children/youth (under 18) for $89.95. Guests are reminded that all festive Peak of Christmas activities are complimentary with an Annual or Snow Pass, a Skyride admission ticket.