It’s Friday! Time to celebrate and get out on the town.
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from grooving on down at the International Jazz Festival to catching some Cabaret For The Cure.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Jazz Festival kicks off Friday, with a whole host of events and shows. Artists playing this year include Joe Jackson, the Larry Fuller Trio featuring Lewis Nash, and the Rossi Gang, plus much much more – and many of the shows are free.
- Where: Various venues across Vancouver
- When: Festival runs Friday, June 24 until Sunday, July 3
- More info: coastaljazz.ca
- What: A fundraising evening of good times hosted by the Meraloma Cricket Club. Learn to play lawn bowls with a lesson at the start of the night, then enjoy beer and pizza at the cash bar. Wear flat shoes (no heels) to protect the grass.
- Where: Granville Park Lawn Bowling Club – 3025 Fir Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, June 24, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $20; all money raised goes to support the Western Women’s Cricket Championship in July in Edmonton.
- What: Taste this year’s featured wine, enjoy a selection of cheese, and meet fellow community members, to raise funds for the Pride Youth Scholarship program.
- Where: Marquis Wine Cellars – 1034 Davie Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, June 24, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm; stop in any time between those times
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: A positive conscious hip hop event that will showcase some of the best vocal improvisers in the Vancouver area. Featuring 16 artists, including Prevail, Emotionz, and Evan The Pirate, in 20-30 minute sets, plus a late night chill closing hip-hop set.
- Where: Red Gate Arts Society – 855 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: From Friday, June 24, at 9 pm until Saturday, June 25, at 4 am
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, priced $12.50-$25
- What: Presented by Cabaret For A Cure in support of BC Children’s Hospital, this collection of young Vancouver talent will bring you a variety of comedic sketches, musical entertainment, and engaging film. All ages welcome.
- Where: Presentation House Theatre – 333 Chesterfield Avenue, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, June 24, doors at 6:15 pm, show at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $15