If you’re looking to get your weekend started early, there’s no better place to start then these wonderful events happening in the fine city of Vancouver.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Get a special sneak peak at Elate Cosmetic’s Spring Collection, as well as tips and tutorials from some of the city’s experts.
- Where: Little Mountain Shop – 4386 Main, Vancouver
- When: Friday, February 19; 12 to 4 p.m.
- What: A charity event called Hip Hop for Hunger, featuring Madchild, part of Swollen Members and one of Canada’s most notorious hip hop icons.
- Where: LED Bar – 967 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, February 19; 8 p.m.
- What: A screening of director Akira Kurosawa’s 1950 Oscar winning film Rashomon, followed by a presentation on the new book “Rashomon Effects,” which examines the impact the film made on storytelling, culture, and cinema
- Where: SFU Harbour Centre – 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, February 19; 6:45 p.m.
- What: A spooky film anthology, featuring five short films that explore the darker side of human nature. Start your weekend off with a bit of abject terror.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, February 19; 9:10 p.m.
- What: A night of stand-up from one of the most successful comedians in Africa. Trevor Noah, host of The Daily Show, hits the Queen Elizabeth Theatre as part of JFL NorthWest.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, February 19; 7 p.m.