It’s Christmas Eve, Eve! Get out there and get into the holiday spirit.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Friday, December 23
- What: YouTube comedian Jus Reign is coming to Vancouver to perform his intensely popular Geeta Brothers: A Very Punjabi Christmas.The live comedy show, presented by South Asian Arts, first started as a video series called “The Punjabi Christmas Album” and recreated traditional English-language Christmas carols with a Punjabi twist.
- When: Friday, December 23, 2016, at 7:30 pm
- Where: Massey Theatre, 735 8th Avenue –New Westminster
- Tickets: Available online, $30
- What: Celebrating 15 years, The Now That’s Ugly Society produces the world’s largest and Original Ugly Sweater Party and the Ugly Christmas Sweater Dash.
- Where: The Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville St. Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 23, at 8 pm.
- Tickets: $35, available online
- What: Checo Tohomaso & the dynamic VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir mix together the sounds of Soul, Gospel, R&B, Jazz, Hawaiian, Calypso, and Reggae to celebrate the Christmas season.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Comercial Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 23 at 10:30 pm
- Tickets: $8 available online
WISE Hall Night Flea Market
- What: From old-fashioned tools to classic records, vintage gig posters to hand crafted underpants, it’s all at this East Vancouver marketplace.
- Where: WISE Hall – 1882 Adanac St. Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 23, at 5 pm
- What: Join the Rio Theatre for an all-ages-welcome showing one of the most beloved big-screen musicals of all time – just in time for the holidays. Feel free to come dressed in your favourite lederhosen and get ready to sing, laugh, and get filled up on good cheer.
- Where: The Rio Theatre –1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 23, at 7 pm to 10 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10