TGIF! It’s finally the end of the week, so celebrate with some pre-weekend festivities.
Mysterious Vancouver street artist iHeart’s works will be on sale today, and comedian Amy Schumer will be doing what she does best at Rogers Arena.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Sell Out features a fun and twisted collection of new and old works by the mysterious Vancouver street artist, iHeart. As a work sells, a new piece will replace it. Leaving you wondering what will be next.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Sale runs from Friday, December 2, at 7 pm through Saturday, December 17, at 5 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: The annual Vancouver Christmas Tree Lighting includes a holiday concert, photos with Santa, holiday crafts, free hot chocolate and cookies, and the lighting of a 50-foot, Rockefeller-style Christmas tree covered with 6,470 bright light bulbs.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 2, from 5 to 7 pm; the tree will remain at the square through Christmas Day
- Admission: Free!
- What: A seven-course dinner from Jean Jaques Kabuya, Tyler Paquette, and Steven Lee, including chicken liver parfait, crab salad, mussel bisque, strip loin, pressed belly of pork, and delice de poire-chocolat.
- Where: De Dutch Burrard Landing – 60 – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 2 at 7pm
- Tickets: $99 per person, email [email protected]
- What: Enjoy making crafts, ornaments, decorating a gingerbread house to take home, holiday songs, movies, and hot chocolate!
- Where: Creekside Community Recreation Centre – 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December from 5:30 to 7 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $15. Pre-Registration is Required.
- What: Amy Schumer is the only female comic to ever sell out Madison Square Garden, and now the American standup comedian, writer, actor, and star of Train Wreck and Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer is taking on Vancouver.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 2, at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $39-$130