FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
TGIF! It’s finally the end of the week, so celebrate with some pre-weekend festivities (that will also keep you out of the cold).
The comedian Pete Johansson is in town to perform a solo set and the Canucks take on the Tampa Bay Lightning.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Canadian funnyman Pete Johansson is in town to perform a solo set.
- Where: The Comedy MIX – 1015 Burrard St, Vancouver
- When: Friday December 16, and Saturday, December 17 8 pm, and 10:30 pm, both nights
- Tickets: $15 to $20, available online
- What: Montreal’s Half Moon Run are on a Canadian theatre tour this winter and will be playing at the Orpheum on December 16. The band, known for their epic live performances using multiple instruments, released their debut album Dark Eyes back in 2012.
- Where: Orpheum Theatre – 604 Smithe St., Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 16, at 8 pm, doors open at 7
- Tickets: Available from $26 – $33.50 through Live Nation
- What: As part of the Musician the Morning series, a Touch of Brass Quintet brings traditional brass music and holiday Cher to your Friday morning.
- Where: Vancouver Academy of Music – 1270 Chestnut St, Vancouve
- When: Friday December 16, at 10:30 am
- Tickets: $17-$38, available by calling. 604-873-4612
- What: Comedian Graham Clark Still Hates Christmas, the whole Christmas season. Now please don’t ask why, no one quite knows the reason! Join him and friends as they scowl at all things Yuletide.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 220 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 16, 8 to 10 pm
- Tickets: $7 on Eventbrite, $10 at the door
- What: The Canucks take on the Lightning.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 16, at 7 pm
- Register: Available at Ticketmaster