Another week has by, and it’s time to have fun, rain or shine. From hockey games to a heavy metal festival, to the Canada’s largest indoor Christmas festival, this Friday, Vancouver is ready to delight and excite you.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Another night at the Western Hockey League, and the Vancouver Giants are going for yet another battle at The Pacific Coliseum with Victoria Royals.
- Where: Pacific Coliseum – North Renfrew Street and Miller Drive, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 11; 7:05 p.m.
- What: The 7th annual Diecember Fest is the longest running local metal festival / charity event in Vancouver. Two nights, 14 bands, collecting food and donations for the Vancouver Food Bank. Performers include Mendozza, Bushwhacker, Skull Vultures, Vacuus, Assimilation, Heron, Cadaveric Lividity.
- Where: Rickshaw Theatre – 254 East Hastings, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 11; 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- What: Canada’s largest indoor Christmas festival is back in Vancouver, starting today. Bring the entire family and enjoy shows, plays, arts and crafts, food vendors and of course, Santa and his reindeer.
- Where: PNE Forum – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 11 to Sunday, December 20; 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- What: Birmingham’s The English Beat formed in 1978, and is one of the earliest and most important ska revivalist bands. They’re playing alongside the Interrupters, from L.A.’s Hellcat Records. The beat is creating a distinct sound through the use of alternating lead vocals.
- Where: Venue – 881 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 11; 7 p.m.
- What: Formed in early 2014, the Southern California six-piece is a group of long-time friends and musicians. With a humble beginning on SoundCloud, they’re now playing shows across the North America.
- Where: The Media Club – 695 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 11; Doors 8 p.m. / Show 9 p.m.
This article was written for Vancity Buzz by Seyedmostafa Raziei / Twitter @SMRaziei