With summer just around the corner, I feel that a nice, quick-5 minute salad will do wonders for our busy (and hopefully very sunny) summer days! What could be better than an easy, refreshing and not to mention nutritious mid-day bite?!
5 Minute Strawberry, Papaya & Cajun Shrimp Salad
One cup of Strawberries, Sliced
One medium sized Papaya, Diced
¼ cup thinly sliced Red Onion
2 tbsp thinly sliced Mint
3 tbsp of Cilantro- Lime Dressing
20 pre-cooked Prawns, defrosted
1 tbsp Cajun Spice
Cilantro- Lime Dressing ( Makes 1 cup)
1 cup plain nonfat or lowfat yogurt
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced green onion
3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoon fresh lime zest
salt to taste
- Combine the strawberries, papaya, red onion & mint in a large bowl.
- Pat dry the pre-cooked & defrosted prawns. Season with a touch of olive oil & 1 tbsp of Cajun Spice. Massage the spice into the prawns to maximize flavor.
- Heat an oiled skilled over medium-high heat and add the prawns once hot. You should hear a sizzle. Cook the prawns for 30 seconds on each side. Don’t forget that the prawns are pre-cooked! They are easy to overcook!!
4. In the meantime start the salad dressing by combining the yogurt, cilantro, onions, and lime juice & lime zest in a small bowl. Add salt to taste.
5. Remove the prawns from the skillet and transfer them to the bowl with the strawberries & papaya’s. Add the Cilantro-Lime vinaigrette dressing and toss gently.