If you’re like me, you like to snack. Snacking can be a bad habit if you’re nibbling on the sweet stuff daily. With these 5-Ingredient Apple Crumb Bars you can snack safely, and healthily. Reminiscent of a classic apple crumble, it’s made better for you with only 5 ingredients and no butter or sugar.
You probably have the ingredients for these apple crumb snack bars at home right now. When you feel the need to snack, instead of just eating an apple or a bowl of oatmeal you can put the two together for a sweet, yet sugar-free, snack that will satisfy your craving and hunger without jeopardizing your day of healthy eating. Plus the oats and apple keep you full because they are a great source of fibre. Cinnamon can also help to control your blood sugar levels.
When the afternoon rolls around and you want to reach for that sweet muffin or pastry, snack on this instead. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast idea, snack for school or after work treat.
The ingredients are simple, sugar-free and can be eaten both cold or warm.
Apple Crumb Snack Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 2-3 granny smith apples, diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375*
- Mix oats and apple sauce together in mixing bowl with wooden spoon. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Toss chopped apple with lemon juice and a big dash of cinnamon.
- Take half of the oat mixture and press it into a 8×8″ baking dish. Layer with the chopped apple mixture, and top with remaining oats, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Allow to cool completely, cut into bars. Store leftovers in the fridge. Great cold or warm.