The 2011 Vancouver Sun Run is taking place this Sunday April 17th. Sadly most of The Buzz writers are far too out of shape to take part in the race, well except for may Amie. Event organizers expect close to 60,000 participants in what is billed as the largest road race in Canada and second largest in North America.
If you plan on driving around downtown you may want to check out the following road closures.
Vancouver Sun Run 2011 Road Closures:
Drivers beware the following streets will be closed during certain times on Sunday, April 17:
- Seymour to Bute (start area) 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Bute to the Causeway (including all streets crossing Georgia) 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Lions Gate Bridge: access from Pender Street only 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Various Downtown Streets
- All streets within the area bounded by Dunsmuir/Melville to Robson, Seymour to Bute 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m
- Denman – Georgia to Robson 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Robson – west of Denman to Stanley Park 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Beach Avenue, Stanley Park to Hornby St. 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Stanley Park Dr at North Lagoon Dr 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Ryan Rd at Park Lane/South Lagoon Dr 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Pacific Boulevard
- Burrard to Hornby (eastbound lanes) 6:00 a.m. – noon
- Nelson to Abbott 6:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Abbott to Quebec 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Burrard Bridge – all northbound traffic closed 8:30 a.m. – noon
- Cambie Bridge – closed to all northbound traffic 8:30 a.m. – 1:00
- W 2nd Avenue – Burrard to Fir 8:30 a.m. – noon
- Fir Street – W 2nd Ave to W 4th Ave 8:30 a.m. – noon
- W 4th Avenue/W 6th Avenue – Pine to Cambie 8:30 a.m. – noon
- Quebec, Keefer & Abbott Streets – closed to all traffic 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m near Expo Boulevard and Pacific Boulevard.
Source: Vancouver Sun