In continuing our coverage of the best damn Christmas events guide in Vancouver, I would like to shed some light on a great event held at the VanDusen Botanical Gardens (Oak Street Vancouver). This, our loyal readers is the a perfect place for a date during Christmas. First day is December 11. Continue reading for more information.
Dates and times
4:30 to 9 p.m. every night, December 11, 2009 through January 3, 2010 except December 25th when the Garden is closed.
NOTE: In the case of heavy snow storms or other extraordinary weather conditions: please call the Garden Shop 604.257.8665 to confirm that FOL has not been closed for that one evening.
- Santa’s Living Room: Dec. 11 – 24 with Santa appearances 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 p.m.
- Svend and Jens, our Scandinavian Christmas Elves appear nightly in the Centre Court
- Starchild and Company’s puppet show featuring The Sugar Plum Fairy’s Garden: Dec. 26 – Jan. 3, in Santa’s Living Room at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 p.m.
- Dancing Lights on Livingstone Lake: starting at 4:30 p.m. Two different shows – one show on the half hour and a different one at the top of the hour. Two different shows repeating in sequence throughout the evening.
- Gingerbread Wood
- Golden Chain Walk
- Community Choir Concerts on the Deck at 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm, dates and choirs TBA
- Make-a-Wish Candle Shrine
- Candy Cane Lane
- Sparkling Spruce in the Centre Court
- Candy Cane Express model train
- Dinner nightly at Shaughnessy Restaurant, reservations recommended 604-261-0011
- Dr. Waffle serving up fresh-made sweet and savoury waffles, real apple cider and Thomas Haas Hot Chocolate
- Hot roasted potatoes with a variety of garnishes
- Mrs Claus’ Kitchen next to Santa’s Living Room and Shaughnessy’s Patio both serving: Hot dogs, smokies, fresh-popped kettle corn, chicken fingers, fresh-baked apple-walnut-cranberry turnovers, and other sweet treats along with hot coffee/tea , hot cider and hot chocolate, pop and bottled water
Tickets are available at the gate or the Garden Shop: Adult $11.45, Seniors (65+) and Youth (13-18) $8.30, Children (6-12) $6.25 and Children under 6 are free.
VanDusen Botanical Garden
5251 Oak Street (37th & Oak St.) See map.
Vancouver, British Columbia