For those who couldn’t book that dream trip to Europe this summer, the continent is coming to you.
The 18th annual European Festival is returning this month for a two-day cultural extravaganza featuring favourite European foods – we’re thinking cannoli, perogis and bratwursts – anticipated music performances and international arts. Traditional dress and dancing from all over Europe will also entertain audiences.
This local European getaway from May 30 to 31 is organized by EuroFest BC and promises a festival hub of innovation, culture and tradition, along with a special focus on the 2015 Feature Nation, Turkey.
Festival highlights include:
- Performance by Indian-Irish fusion band Delhi to Dublin
- Music by Derrival, a band out of Fort Langley, BC
- Performance by West Coast Canadian fiddler and step-dancer, Jocelyn Pettit
- The Vancouver Opera
- Art demonstrations at the Arts Plaza
- Flag parade circling Swangard Stadium
- Bier Garden – festival goers will be able to roam the grounds with a pint with their family, no longer restricted to a cordoned-off beer garden.
Gates open at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31.
Saturday, May 30 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday, May 31 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: Swangard Stadium – 3883 Imperial Street, Burnaby
Tickets: $8 to $10, free for children under 12
Info: Visit www.europeanfestival.ca for more info and tickets