With Spring fully under way there’s no better time to hit the streets and enjoy everything the city has to offer (well, apart from the rain that is). Here are a few of the events happening in Vancouver this week.
The Vancouver Event Calendar has more.
Monday, March 21
- What: A documentary from Susan Gray featuring a circus aimed at bringing a group of marginalized youth from obscurity to centre stage at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, March 31; 6:30 p.m.
- What: An exhibit showcasing the works of Vancouver’s young artists, exploring local landscapes and the relationships between all living things therein.
- Where: ArtStarts – 808 Richards Street, Vancouver
- When: Now until Sunday, March 27
- What: Local comedy at its best, with a visit from Toronto’s Pat Burtscher. Hosted by Devon Alexander and Alex Sparling.
- Where: eight 1/2 Restaurant & Lounge – 151 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Monday, March 21; 8 p.m.
Tuesday, March 22
- What: Peaceful, calming yoga surrounded by beautiful pieces of Canadian art. What better was is there to relax?
- Where: Gordon Smith Gallery of Canadian Art – 2121 Lonsdale Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, March 22; 6:30 p.m.
- What: Vancouver’s Lonesome Sinners perform at the beloved Rusty Gull Pub. Go out and get down, just like the old days.
- Where: Rusty Gull Pub – 175 East 1st Street, North Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, March 22; 7 p.m.
- What: A lecture series with variety. From the lives of history’s most bad ass women, to where beer comes from and why, you’re certain to learn something
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, March 22; 7 p.m.
Wednesday, March 23
- What: DATSIK comes through Celebrities on his 2016 “Spring Loaded” tour. Join him along with guests Sub Antix.
- Where: Celebrities Nightclub – 1022 Davie Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, March 23; 10:30 p.m.
- What: The fastest growing Auto Show in Canada is returning for its 96th year, along with collectors, companies, and enthusiasts from across the globe. Check out the latest and greatest, and the golden oldies.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, March 23 to Sunday, March 27
- What: Learn how to best use visual analytics to beef up your presentation skills, and turn dreary old data into vibrant demonstrations. All in a half day.
- Where: SFU Harbour Centre – 515 West Hastings, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, March 23; 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 24
- What: Brooklyn pop duo Chairlift comes to the Biltmore for a night of thumping, infectious pop music – only you’ll want to be infected.
- Where: Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, March 24; 8 p.m.
- What: Father, author, activist, professor, an comedian – Charlie Demers is many things. Tonight, he’s a comedy machine.
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, March 24; 8:30 p.m.
- What: Arts Club Theatre Company presents “Good People,” a “shrewd, character-driven comedy” set in South Boston.
- Where: Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage – 2750 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, March 24; 7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 25
- What: Indie rockers Wintersleep come to Vancouver tonight on a tour celebration their new album “The Great Detachment,” featuring guests Evening Hymns.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, March 25; 8 p.m.
- What: A special Easter presentation from one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing tourist attractions. Soar from coast-to-coast with the Easter Bunny himself.
- Where: FlyOver Canada – 201-999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Friday, March 25 to Monday, March 28; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What: The best local wrestling in B.C. See your favourites battle it out in the ring, winner-take-all.
- Where: Alice McKay Building, Cloverdale Fairgrounds – 60th Avenue and 176 Street, Surrey
- When: Friday, March 25; 7 to 10 p.m.