The most wonderful time of the year is back – and we’re making it even better with our annual 12 Days of Giveaways!
Most people are celebrating something festive over the next month, so whether you’re wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, or even bah humbug, you’ll have something to cheer about.
Our inaugural 12 Days of Giveaways campaign was launched in 2010 as a way to give back to our readers, and since then we’ve continued to give more and more.
In 2010, we gave away $3,000 in prizes, by 2015 we had increased that to more than $20,000, and last year we hit $39,000. This year, we’ve raised the bar higher than ever before and are giving away more than FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in prizes!
How it works
Starting on December 1, we’ll be launching a number of different contests each day. Every giveaway will run until 11:59 pm PT on December 17. Then in the days following, we’ll randomly draw names from all the entries to announce the winners in one major post on December 20.
There will be something for everyone to be won: snazzy shoes, coffee for a year, epic vacays, stellar staycations, an insane amount of food delivery, and so much more.
Some giveaways will be available to everyone reading Daily Hive, while others are for specific cities only, so make sure you know which city the contest is for.
What you need to do
Come back and visit the site daily from December 1 to 12. We’ll be updating this post each day with new contests, so bookmark it and come back to see what new giveaways we’ve launched. We’ll also be promoting the contest on Twitter (@DailyHiveVan) and Instagram (@DailyHiveVancouver), so follow the hashtag #DH12Days to make sure you don’t miss a beat!
Each contest will have different entry methods across different social media channels, so be sure to read each one carefully.
The nitty gritty
The 12 Days of Giveaways will start on December 1, 2018. Contest winners will be announced on December 20. Open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Maximum of one prize per person.
- $1000 Starbucks card + holiday merchandise
- Luxurious retreat at Rosewood Hotel Georgia ($1,350 value)
- A day of relaxation and massages at Scandinave Spa Whistler ($350 value)
- Upgrade your home appliances with a $1000 gift card to Coast Appliances
- $250 gift card for any Thai House Restaurant Group location
- Extravagant staycation for 2 at Fairmont Pacific Rim ($2,000 value)
- $500 McDonald’s Canada gift card
- Fitbit package for you and a workout buddy ($1,600 value)
- $500 credit for a tattoo from Billy DeCola at Kiku Tattoo Parlour
- $1000 credit for Canadian-based furniture company Kavuus
- A big tech bundle from TELUS ($1,200 value)
- $500 gift card to Anh and Chi
- Getaway to Osoyoos for 6 at Watermark Beach Resort ($1,000 value)
- $1,500 credit for Airbnb accommodation
- Team-signed Canucks jersey, tickets, and more ($800 value)
- $500 gift card to Canadian-based luxury leather goods brand Poppy Barley
- A bundle of coffee, tea, mugs, and more from Blenz Coffee ($500 value)
- $1,000 credit for Uber Eats
- 2-night stay for 6 in a Beach House at Pacific Sands Beach Resort in Tofino ($1,200 value)
- Haircuts and blow dries for a year from Suki’s Hair Salon ($1,500 value)
- $500 to spend on jewelry at Olive and Piper
- Holiday Aburi Shokai tasting dinner for 4 at Minami ($700 value)
- 2 roundtrip tickets to Europe with WOW Air ($2,000 value)
- Premium hydrafacial for you and a friend from Skin Technique ($1,000 value)
- A staycation at the DOUGLAS Vancouver ($800 value)
- The ultimate travel set package from Herschel Supply Co. ($1,200 value)
- A spa staycation for two at Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver ($1,000 value)
- $300 gift card to Cactus Club Cafe
- $1,000 credit to Canadian gift basket delivery site Baskits
- An diamond ring from Minichiello Jewellers ($1,100 value)
- Four-course dinner for two at Joe Fortes ($400 value)
- A parka and gift card from Sport Chek ($750 value)
- Living room furniture from Muji Canada ($1,200 value)
- A year’s worth of grilled cheese from Crab Park Chowdery ($5,800 value)
- Two night ski vacation to The Josie ($850 value)
- YYOGA prize pack for you and a friend ($600 value)
- A two-night stay at Tofino Resort + Marina ($1,000 value)
- A scalp micropigmentation procedure from Vancouver Scalp ($3,600 value)
- 20 class passes to SoulCycle ($540 value)
- $500 gift card to Earls Restaurant
- A winter prize pack from The North Face ($900 value)
- A Nespresso Vertuo machine plus coffee for a year ($1,000 value)
- One microblading session at Studio Sashiko ($1,000 value)
- Wine tours and a two-night stay in the Okanagan ($1,000 value)
- Four tickets to the 2019 Whitecaps FC home opener + a new jersey and more swag ($450 value)
- Personal care package from Philips ($1,000 value)
- A pair of tickets to 6 World Juniors games in Vancouver ($1,500 value)
- $400 prize pack from Tap & Barrel and BREWHALL
- A Sony a6300 camera with 16-50mm OSS Lens from London Drugs ($1,350 value)
- A personal training session + spa treatment at Equinox ($400 value)
- A two night stay + dinner + spa at Whistler’s Nita Lake Lodge ($1,200 value)