10 ways to give back to your community, inspired by Windows 10
Tech-lovers rejoice! Starting today, anyone using Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Phone can upgrade for FREE to Windows 10, Microsoft’s newest operating system that promises to change the way you interact with your devices. As an added bonus, Windows 10 will continue to be supported for the lifetime of your devices at no cost.
The operating system is built to empower people of action to do great things; it is user-friendly, customizable and full of personality. It’s the Windows you know and love, only better – bringing back familiar features like the Start menu and adding new features like Microsoft Edge, Continuum and Cortana (coming to Canada in the fall).
To mark the launch of Windows 10, Microsoft is celebrating the people and organizations that upgrade the world around them every day.
Microsoft announced that they will help 10 global and 100 local non-profits to achieve greatness by investing more than $10 million in cash and technology investments, and today they’ve announced that they’re bringing the spirit of that campaign to our home and native land. @WindowsCanada wants you to use the hashtag #UpgradeYourWorld and tell them about the people or groups in your community who inspire you by empowering others to do great things. You can also join the conversation and share how you would upgrade your world. Over the coming months, Microsoft Canada will bring a few of these suggestions to life!
Here are the top 10 ways to make a difference in your community to help get your inspirational juices flowing – what will you do to #UpgradeYourWorld?
1. Plant a garden in a community park or shared green-space
2. Organize a clothing-swap. One person’s trash is another person’s treasure!
3. Introduce yourself to your neighbours – a friendly smile can change someone’s day
4. Become a pen pal to a senior citizen
5. Volunteer with your colleagues or friends
6. Paint a mural
7. Mentor a young person through organizations like The Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and help shape the future generation
8. Pay for a stranger’s coffee or meal
9. Find ways to celebrate your coworkers’ accomplishments
10. Open the door for a stranger – a little goes a long way