Enjoy one of the final Winter weekends with a few of the awesome events happening in and around Vancouver over the next two days.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
Saturday, February 20
- What: American singer, songwriter, and DJ Matthew comes to VENUE tonight for a little bit of everything. Don’t miss your chance to see this Renaissance performer.
- Where: VENUE Nightclub – 881 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, February 20; 10 p.m.
- What: Looking to break into the wide world of animation voiceover, but don’t know where to start? How about with working voice over talent Sylvia Zaradic? Get coached on everything you need to know to start your career, from vocal technique to demo reels.
- Where: Mix Media – 211-2465 Beta Avenue, Burnaby
- When: Saturday, February 20; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: A friendly, non-competitive 2K, 5K, and 10K in support of the BC & Alberta Guide Dogs association.
- Where: Brockton Point – Stanley Park, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, February 20; 8 a.m. to noon
- What: Today is the first day of the Vancouver International Wine Festival, bringing together the world’s best wine lovers at various Vancouver venues. Sniff, sip, swirl – whatever else you do with wine. Do it now!
- Where: Various venues
- When: Saturday, February 20 to Sunday, February 28
- What: A beginners class in the basics of WordPress, one of the most useful and widely used web development platforms in the world.
- Where: HiVE – 128 West Hastings, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, February 20; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, February 21
- What: Known as “El Caballero de la Salsa,” Gilberto Santa Rose is the Puerto Rican king of Salsa music. This Gentleman doesn’t come to Vancouver all that often, so catch him while you can.
- Where: Privé Nightclub – 750 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, February 21; 8:30 p.m.
- What: Part of the Uncommon Cafe’s “Uncommon Dinners” series, have a home cooked meal from two sisters, the way it was meant to be had.
- Where: The Uncommon Cafe – 477 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, February 21; 7:30 p.m.
- What: A collection of the best and most badass films of the year. Internationally or locally, these movies will stick with you.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, February 21; 3 to 11:35 p.m.
- What: As part of JFL NorthWest, Bret Kreischer comes to the Rio. Known for his appearances on The Joe Rogan Experience and The Rachel Ray Show, among others, Kreischer is a star on the rise and well worth the price of admission.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, February 21; 8 p.m.
- What: Vancouver faces off against Colorado tonight at Rogers Arena, so come give the boys their hometown advantage. God knows they need it.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, February 21; 7 p.m.