The weekend is almost over so make the most of it. Here are ten things to do around Vancouver today.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Get puzzled at the Puzzle party
- What: Fan of puzzles? This event is for you!
- Where: Gordon Neighbourhood House – 1019 Broughton Street Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 15, from 10 am to 1:30 pm
- Cost: Free
Plan the big day at It’s My Wedding Show
- What: The largest bridal show in the Fraser Valley, It’s My Wedding has everything you need to plan your big day! Vendors ranging from florists to photographers to delicious cake creators can be found at this amazing bridal fair. You can even “say yes to your dress” with Monte Durham from TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta.
- Where: Tradex Trade and Exhibition Centre- 1190 Cornell Street, Abbotsford
- When: Sunday, January 15 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Tickets: Available online or at the door, $18-20
Find some (gently used) fashion at the Vancouver Clothing Swap
- What: Did you know that every year billions of items go unused in closets and take up space that could otherwise be swapped, thrifted, shared or given to charity?
Clothing swap events provide great opportunity to make space and clear out your wardrobe.
- Where: Lupii Cafe- 7743 Champlain Crescent, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 15, from 4 pm to 6 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, $10
Get zen at Ninjitsu Sundays
- What: Ninjitsu is the ancient art of the ninja shadow warriors of Japan. Through the practice of Ninjitsu you’ll learn to move your body & mind in a more poetic way, through breath & traditional exercises.
- Where: Vital Health Medical Clinic Kitsilano -1855 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 15, from 10:30 am to noon
- Register: On Eventbrite, free
Catch some laughs at Streetfight Improv
- What: Streetfight is a hilarious hour of head-to-head short form improv that you don’t want to miss. Every week we get ten of the funniest improvisers in town (or amazing special guests!) who compete back and forth with short improvised scenes vying for your laughter!
- Where: Havana-1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 15, from 9 to 10 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, $8
Laugh some more at The Anxiety Show- Ep., F**k Fat Shaming
- What: Vancouver comedians Hayley Beamish, Suzy Rawsome, Deneece Burg, Sherri-Lynn Gamracy, Mona Monaé, Alissa MC and more join Phillips onstage to address societal, familial, and all kinds of body shame around weight and size
- Where: Guilt & Company- 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 15, at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: $10, available online
Step into gluten-free paradise at the Gluten Free & Specialty Food Expo
- What: This two-day expo encompasses two stages and two halls that will feature hundreds of products like beer, pasta, pizza, breads, perogies and more for those who are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, diabetic friendly, and low FODMAP diets. The expo will have registered dieticians, doctors, and chefs for info and advice, along with exclusive deals and giveaways.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre East, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14 at 10 am to Sunday, January 15 at 4 pm
- Tickets: $12 for one-day ticket, $20 for weekend pass, $39 for VIP pass; purchase online.
Grab some good eats at the Hastings Park Farmers Market
- What: Find a great selection of local produce, fish, meat, dairy, artisan prepared foods, baked goods, local crafts, and food trucks.
- Where: Hastings Park Centregrounds- 2901 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm, January 8 to April 30
- Cost: Free
Strategize your next move at Chess Lessons for Advanced Players
- What: Learn how to advance your chess skills, to become a master at the game.
- Where: Bonsor Recreation Complex- 6550 Bonsor Avenue, Burnaby
- When: Sunday, January 15 from 4:40 to 6 pm
- Cost: Free to register on Eventbrite
Light up your life at Lafarge Lake
- What: See more than 100,000 twinkling lights light up Coquitlam’s Lafarge Lake, in a magical, free, outdoor display for visitors of all ages.
- When: Town Centre Park -1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
- When: Nightly from dusk to 11 pm, until January 22