Want to make the most of your Saturday? We’ve got you covered.
From a Gastown photowalk to plenty of other winter activities, there is a lot going on in Vancouver this January 14.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Get picturesque at the Historic Gastown Walking Photo Tour
- What: This historic district’s cobblestone streets are lined with Victorian buildings that today house everything from souvenir shops and First Nations galleries to stylish clothing boutiques. A perfect area to people watch and learn new street photography and photojournalism techniques!
- Where: Waterfront Seabus Terminal inside in front of Rogue Restaurant- 601 W Cordova St
- When: Saturday, January 14, at 10 am
- Tickets: Available on Eventbrite, $55- $60
Feel the percussion at STOMP
- What: STOMP, the international percussion sensation, makes its anticipated return to Vancouver at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre from January 13 to 15, 2017
- Where: The Queen Elizabeth Theatre- 650 Hamilton St, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14,
- Tickets: Available online
Plan the big day at It’s My Wedding Show
- What: The largest bridal show in the Fraser Valley, It’s My Wedding has everything you need to plan your big day! Vendors ranging from florists to photographers to delicious cake creators can be found at this amazing bridal fair. You can even “say yes to your dress” with Monte Durham from TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta.
- Where: Tradex Trade and Exhibition Centre- 1190 Cornell Street, Abbotsford
- When: Saturday, January 14, from 10 am to 6 pm. Sunday, January 15 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Tickets: Available online or at the door, $18-20
Get your treat on at Bark-making class at Purdys Chocolatier South Granville
- What: Learn from Purdys’ experienced connoisseurs how to create your own scrumptious chocolate bark with your choice of nuts, dried fruits or other crunchy inclusions.
- Where: Purdy’s Chocolatier South Granville- 2705 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14, from 1 to 3 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $30-$60
Get fresh at Nat Bailey Stadium Farmers Market
- What: Find local produce, meat, seafood, artisan cheese, bread, herbs, baked goods, artisanal crafts, and more.
- Where: Nat Bailey Stadium – 4601 Ontario Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm, January 7 to April 22
Find your zen at Qui Gong Saturdays
- What: Qi Gong is a gentle flowing movement class taught by master Hing Tse.
This is a class that everyone can participate in from youngsters to seniors. Hing will show you how to move your body for greater flexibility, balance and well-being. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. All levels welcome.
- Where: Vital Health Medical Clinic Kitsilano – 1855 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Saturday mornings in January, from 9 to 10 am
- Price: Register for free on Eventbrite
Show off your moves at Robson Square Skating Rink
- What: The Robson Square Ice Rink, located in downtown Vancouver, is open until February 14. Skating is free with your own skates, otherwise, rentals are available. The rink also features a concession stand with snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Square, Vancouver
- When: The rink is open daily from 9 am to 9 pm Sunday to Thursday, and from 9 am to 11 pm Fridays and Saturdays, until February 14.
Get the laughs going at Casual Saturdays: The Improv Drop-In
- What: If you’re a beginner or intermediate improvisational performer and looking for more rehearsal opportunities Casual Saturdays is the place for you.
- Where: Instant Studios- 529 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14 from 1:30 pm to 4 pm
- Tickets: Free for Instant Student card holders, $10 for non-cardholders. Tickets on Eventbrite
Step into gluten-free paradise at the Gluten Free & Specialty Food Expo
- What: This two-day expo encompasses two stages and two halls that will feature hundreds of products like beer, pasta, pizza, breads, perogies and more for those who are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, diabetic friendly, and low FODMAP diets. The expo will have registered dieticians, doctors, and chefs for info and advice, along with exclusive deals and giveaways.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre East, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14 at 10 am to Sunday, January 15 at 4 pm
- Tickets: $12 for one-day ticket, $20 for weekend pass, $39 for VIP pass; purchase online.
Make natural ailments at the Homeopathy Workshop: Home Remedies for Winter Ills
- What: In this Workshop on Homeopathy Remedies for Winter Illnesses you will learn the basics of this amazing natural medicine, what to keep in your home remedy kit and practical tips on home remedies for a variety of typical winter illnesses.
- Where: #101 2245 West Broadway Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $46-$57
Connect with community at the Willow Arch Work Party
- What: Come help with the annual willow harvest that creates the shaping of the lower arch canopy on the Means of Production Garden hillside.Participants may leave with a fistful of willow for their own projects and the rest is used in various community weaving events throughout the year. Bring a cup for tea and a snack to share.
- Where: Means of Production garden- East 6th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 14, from 10 am to 2 pm. Workshop is outdoors, rain or shine.
- Cost: Free with registration on Eventbrite