A woman has been taken to hospital after reportedly being struck by a dump truck while exiting a streetcar Tuesday morning.
According to police, officers were called to the area of Bathurst and Ulster streets around 8:43 am after receiving reports of a woman being struck by a vehicle.
- Fatal brazen Mississauga shooting near ice cream truck was targeted: police
- Police release more details of vehicle involved in fatal Scarborough hit-and-run
- Man charged with first degree murder after woman killed in machete attack
Officers said the woman was taken to hospital by Toronto EMS and that her injuries are non-life-threatening.
Bathurst St & Ulster St
– officers o/s
– pedestrian taken to hospital by @TorontoMedics
– reports that injuries are not life threatening
– street car delays in area @TTCNotices#DriveSafe#PedestrianSafety#GO1785495
— Toronto Police Operations (@TPSOperations) September 17, 2019
There were streetcar delays in the area, but the roads have since reopened and regular service has resumed.
511 Bathurst: Regular service has resumed at Bathurst St at Ulster St. https://t.co/6LRMxfFdOs
— TTC Service Alerts (@TTCnotices) September 17, 2019